Talking. . .
Lucas is really starting to communicate better these days. He has learned a lot of new words. Some we have taught him, and others he has taught us. Lately, we can get him to mimic new words. Once he starts doing that, I expect that his vocabulary will erupt. He says "Go," "no," "hello," "hot," (gonna) "get you," "all done," "we're home" "whoa," and many more. He mimics intonation really well. Sometimes, he does not pronounce words and phrases well, but we know what he is saying by his tones.
My favorite word that he says is "star." When we take the dogs outside after dark, he points up to the enormous sky with his tiny finger, and he whispers, "Star!" I hope that he always finds twinkling stars painted on a deep blue canvas enchanting.


1 Comments:
Dear Matthew,
This story reminded me of when you were about five. We had just moved into the house on Boxelder and had spent a long day unpacking boxes and putting our new house together. It was very late, close to ten at night and we ordered a pizza. Johnna was already sleeping and your dad was on a job. You and I sat on the porch together in the dark, looking at the stars, eating our pizza. You were so fascinated by the fact that we were eating in the dark and talking about those stars. I remember you just laughing and laughing because you thought it was such fun to do that, just you and me.
I see that Lucas loves those stars, too.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home