Development spurt. . .
It seems, there are times when Lucas is growing briskly but steadily. The pace seems measured and gradual. Lately, he seems to have hit a much quicker stride. He seems like understanding has replaced curiosity in a lot of things.
He still does not say very many words. He babbles, but it is like he knows he is just babbling. When he says words, he knows what they mean, and he expects that you will, too. He has learned "all done" or "all gone." He holds up anything shaped like a phone to his ear and says "Hewo?" He tries very hard to say "I love you." He knows "hot" and "ow!" His favorite phrase must be "uh-oh." He knows when things did not go as planned, and he tells you "uh-oh!"
He has mastered the somersault. He kicks straight over the top and everything. Once, he had his head on the floor and he spotted something between his legs that he wanted to grab. Rather than turn around, he just kept reaching further and further between his legs trying to get it. I thought my side would split with laughter.
The most amazing thing is that he is trying to learn to sing. Chris and I will hear him singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Old McDonald." He is mostly just babbling, but he is very close to the tune. If we join in with him, he'll keep going. He does not make the sounds so well, but he moves his mouth to the shape of the next word. He also knows the actions for "Patty Cake." On his own, he knows to "Roll it," and "Pat it," and "Mark it with a B." I just laugh to see how well he understands and mimics. I am pretty impressed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home