Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Communication. . .

Yesterday, Lucas walked into the kitchen and grabbed my pant leg. He was tugging and trying to drag me. I could tell he wanted me to go with him. I followed him into his bedroom, and then he grabbed a diaper. Low and behold, he needed a fresh diaper. I was impressed with the complexity of this communication effort. It was much more effective than just crying and letting us try to figure out the problem. Before long, he will just tell us what he needs or wants, but this is a big step in that direction. It is also a good sign that a full diaper bothers him, but that's another story. . .

He is getting to be quite a character, and he is quite adventureous. He likes to climb on things. He pushes his chair next to the couch or the end table and then tries to climb up. Crazy kid! He also likes to climb on Jack, the lab. Luckily, Jack is quite patient. He babbles all the time, and he is just starting to try to mimic our sounds. One day, I found his toy phone in the toilet. Nice. I seem to be rambling, but that is what Lucas does these days. One thing after another. We just try to keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home