Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Dash!

The title refers to the boy in the the superhero family "The Incredibles." Lucas is Dash. A couple days ago, we got home. I set Lucas down to let the yorkie out of it's kennel. In a flash, he was in the kennel and had dumped the dog's food. I pulled him out and started picking up the mess. When I turned around, he had dumped the other dog's water all over the kitchen floor! So I ran for a towel to start mopping up that mess. When I got back to the kitchen, I saw a streak in the corner of my eye that was Lucas running from the bathroom into the living room pulling the toilet paper roll behind him! I grab the toilet paper roll from him and headed back to the kitchen and the water mess. Seconds later, Lucas was standing beside me (in the water) holding a diaper that he had dug out of the trash can. I took it away, and replaced it in the garbage. I picked him up, and then we sat down together. He was squirming a bit like he wasn't quite done yet, and we just looked at each other. Lucas was grinning widely, and I was trying not to. I just said, "Wow." Then, dizzily, I said it again backwards. "Wow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home