Monday, August 23, 2004

Awesome Responsibility

Being a Dad is the best. Seeing Lucas encounter the world for the first time is humbling and rewarding. His inexperience makes everything new for me, too. I feel so proud of the smallest accomplishments, and I cannot explain why. When he rolls over (or now he sits for several seconds), I am thrilled with his achievement even though it was probably and nearly inevitable. His life is a miracle. My heart stirs with excitement for what will come for him. Right now, I think we are probably giving him the best environment that we possible can, but this is all just a warm up. As he matures and develops, his needs will be more sophisticated. Are we ready? Can we give him everything he needs while encouraging his own determination? Can we stimulate his brain development and independent thinking? Will he know God and appreciate faith? Can we foster Lucas' zest for life to be like the passion I have for his life? With "awe" being fear and wonder, this is an awesome responsibility!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home