One sniffer. . .
Lucas had his check up in Omaha. Apparently, he just has one nostril that is open. The doc was not overly concerned, although Lucas will need surgery again to reopen the right side. He said two nostrils improves breathing, but also, Lucas' face may not grow symmetrically if they don't reopen it.
The doc said it would be best to wait until Lucas is around 2 years old. He will be older and more stable. Also, the parts will be bigger and easier to repair. We will have another check-up in 6 months (January 05).
I asked if we could expect the left nostril to stay open since it is open now. The doc said very probably, but he could not guarantee it.
On a scale from 1-10, I would say this news amounted to around a 6. It could have been better, but I suppose it could have been much worse.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home