Intense love.
Parents talk about how much they love their kids. Our own parents talk about how much they love us. Before Lucas, this sounded a little exaggerated and maybe even a little trite. Now, I understand.
Lucas has ensnared my heart in a way that I could not have imagined. I love to look into his eyes. His smile captivates me. The sound of his voice is pure joy.
Even his crying is a gift. I am blessed to be able to hear him. Sometimes, I can help him, and that is a reward. Other times, I know there is nothing that I can do, and the reward is just to hold him until it passes.
Holding Lucas is heaven! Sometimes, he just wants a touch to calm him. Sometimes, he nestles close to my chest finding a good place to rest. When he grabs onto my finger, I have to wonder who has a hold of who.
I have loved him from the moment that I met him, but unbelievably, my love has grown as he has grown. Everyday, he is a little more independent, and a little more alive. Everyday, I find myself cherishing my time with him and wishing that it was not so fleeting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home