Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Life's little lessons. . .


Lucas is developing his own little self. He has started to recognize that items don't just disappear when they are out of sight. He gets fixated on an item (like the remote control), and then he keeps pursuing it even once I hide it from him.
He is still not crawling or making a concerted effort to get from one point to another, but he is definitely starting to move around. He mostly scoots and rolls. He's been getting his butt up in the air, so he's trying to go. The poor guy even managed to fall off the bed this weekend. His weekend didn't get better after that, as he fell backward from sitting up and bonked his head on the wall. Then, he thought I was trying to mame him with green beans. . .Apparently, my "too hot" is not the same as his "too hot." Really, these are all just lessons for mom and dad. No matter how we try, we cannot completely control his world.
He loves the dogs, especially the little Yorkie, Stitch. They make him laugh, and he tries to chase them in his "walker". (The walker has a fixed pivot point, so he is not really free to roam in it.)
Squash, carrots, sweet potatoes and all of the fruits are pretty good stuff. Besides the scalding green beans and the turkey, Lucas has enjoyed all of his baby foods so far. When I fed him turkey, you would have thought from his reaction that it was sawdust. When I tasted it, I decided that it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home